fai-cd for full cd installation

akr lot akrlot at msn.com
Sat Jan 24 09:27:40 CET 2009

Hello;

I would like to perform full installation of my client PCs from CD (ubuntu)

without  the need for  connection to fai server.Could you  tell me

all the packages required by fai-cd command on ubuntu.and how to configure

/etc/fai/menu.lst using the sample below

# Boot automatically after some secs.

timeout 30

color light-gray/black light-gray/red

default 0

title Fully Automatic Installation for NO4

root (cd)

kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/nfs boot=live FAI_FLAGS=“verbose,createvt” FAI_ACTION=install ip=dhcp rw nfsroot=192.168.0.100:/fai/nfsroot/

initrd /boot/initrd.img
Besides; as far as the mirror required by fai-cd command is concerned; i need to create a partial mirror
with fai-mirror or i can use the full ubuntu mirror?
Thanks in advance!