launchpad and fai for ubuntu 8.10 (both server and client)

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Thu Jan 15 21:27:55 CET 2009

"Adrian Gibanel Lopez" <agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat> writes:

> I have seen that Reinhard Tartler has subscribed to the launchpad's fai
> group.
>
> Should I upload my files to: https://launchpad.net/~fai/+archive or is it
> only for stable versions?

I think since fai for intrepid and jaunty is currently broken anyways,
uploading there wouldn't make things worse. If you are unsure, consider
staging your packages in your personal PPA. You (or any other team
member) can copy your packages to the ~fai PPA at any time with a single click.

> Should I upload some source code to the bzr system? Where exactly? Should
> someone create a new branch/folder for me? (I am sorry but I am not expert
> on CVS but I will try to learn).

same applies here. I'd suggest that for each distrorelease we maintain a
separate branch. if you are unsure, publish it under your own namespace,
any team member can merge your work into the team branches.

I'm on VAC until next week, I'll have a look at your patches after that.

thanks for your work on fai on ubuntu!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4