live-initramfs

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Jan 14 12:04:55 CET 2009

    > Actually, compiling the aufs modules is not really straight
    > forward since one needs the right combination of aufs sources and
    > kernel sources. I took the debian patched 2.6.26 kernel sources and
    > the 0+20080719-4 aufs source.
If you are using the plain Debian kernel, you can use the Debian
package aufs-modules-2.6-486 for e.g. and do not need to compile the
aufs modules.

    > Gave up waiting for root device.  Common problems:
You can add the parameter "debug" to see more messages.

    > I would guess the problem is the missing /deb/nfs in the intrd.
In my initrd, there's no /dev at all. I think udev will create this.

I can give you access to my nfsroot (a tarball), to see if the boot process is working.

For fast help, please join the IRC channel #fai on irc.debian.org