gpt disk label and /boot

Jean Spirat jeanspirat at squirk.org
Thu Feb 26 09:17:56 CET 2009

> Most probably, this is currently _not_ the case (assuming you want the
> BIOS-style version and not EFI). I guess a simple "parted print" should help you
> verify this. If the partition is set to bios_grub, you are fine; if it has the
> flag "boot", it's an EFI boot volume. I think this will best be fixed by adding
> a specific disklabel "gpt-bios" to setup-storage that deals with such specifics.
> Doing so is not really hard, I would just like to make sure that it will see
> some testing. If you're willing to dive into this, I'd happily prepare a patch
> in the next few days.

yes i can test it if this is in the next days no problem !

yes instead of primary for special case:

gpt-bios
gpt-gui:21686148-6449-6E6F-744E-656564454649

so we have a shortcut for the gpt-bios and can give any gid we want, dont know if this is usefull but...

> Does that interfer in any way with the GPT stuff? Or is it just the possible
> problems with grub?
>
> [...]

no in fact this is stupidity from me the raid will not change anything
to that... :)

regards,
Jean.