I don't get NFSROOT_HOOKS; why does it run so late?

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Fri Feb 13 10:49:44 CET 2009

> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 05:27:36PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
>>
>> run_hooks runs *after* the initrd creation, which means I can't use it
to deal with things like the scripts/live 2-NIC problem.

>> That seems kind of pointless.  Why does run_hooks happen when it does?
Is there a way to run hooks *before* update-initramfs ?

> After having sent that, I realized that I can run chroot
> update-initramfs myself, but then I have to also deal with getting it
copied to the right place, which really seems to defeat the idea of
having a hook into the process.

> -Robin

Hi Robin,

I do not know if it is the best way. I had also some problems with initrd
and I modified the initramfs-tools and live-initramfs packages. Then you
only need to install in your system the updated initramfs-tools.
If you need to modify initramfs-tools or live-initramfs it depends on what
script exactly you want to modify.

--
Firma Automática 1:

--