How do I make it stop? (AKA dynamic DHCP)

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Thu Feb 12 10:17:59 CET 2009

    > All of my work's hosts have fixed IP addresses.  How do I add a host
    > to DHCP, have the host get imaged, and have it stop DHCPing
    > afterwards, without a bunch of manual effort?
The install client itself calls fai-chboot on the install server, to
disable its own pxelinux configuration.

You should call fai-chboot -o default once, so that all client which
had disabled their pxe configuration will get the default
configuration (which says, boot from local disk).

See also: man fai-chboot