How do I make it stop? (AKA dynamic DHCP)

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Thu Feb 12 02:18:33 CET 2009

I apologize if there's documentation on this somewhere, but I've
looked and I really can't find anything.

All of my work's hosts have fixed IP addresses.  How do I add a host
to DHCP, have the host get imaged, and have it stop DHCPing
afterwards, without a bunch of manual effort?

Right now, I have a script to add the host do DHCP and restart
dhcpd, but if I ignore the host for a while it gets re-OSed multiple
times, or sits there at a "Press <RETURN> to reboot." when it could
be spending valuable time running cfengine post-install.

Neither of those seems very automatic, so I'm assuming I'm missing
something.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something