Dual NIC = hang

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Mon Feb 9 01:17:52 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 03:56:59PM -0800, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 01:21:27PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig
> wrote:
> > > Thank you for that, sincerely.
> > >
> > > However, I keep asking whether any of these workarounds are
> > > going to make it into FAI mainline, and people keep sending me
> > > more workarounds, which is not what I was asking about!
> > >

> > As far as I can tell, it's really not a problem of FAI, but an
> > issue in initramfs. I thus doubt that "it will make it into FAI
> > mainline".
>
> initramfs is just a way of making files accessible at boot time,
> correct?  FAI is what decides what files go into the initramfs
> used for the netboot operation, correct?  From what people are
> saying, the boot process is choosing poor options for ip-config;
> how is that initramfs's fault?

Ah, I see; ipconfig *is* being used with a timeout value, it would
seem.  You meant initramfs in the sense of ipconfig is a part of the
Early User Space tools, like as discussed at
http://linux-sh.org/shwiki/Using_Early_User_Space, yeah?  Sorry,
didn't get that.

There really isn't *any* documentation for the klibc tools, is
there?  That's really sad.  :(

OK, I'll go yell at them instead.  Thanks.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something