Dual NIC = hang

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Mon Feb 9 00:56:59 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 01:21:27PM +0100, Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> > Thank you for that, sincerely.
> >
> > However, I keep asking whether any of these workarounds are
> > going to make it into FAI mainline, and people keep sending me
> > more workarounds, which is not what I was asking about!
> >

> As far as I can tell, it's really not a problem of FAI, but an
> issue in initramfs. I thus doubt that "it will make it into FAI
> mainline".

initramfs is just a way of making files accessible at boot time,
correct?  FAI is what decides what files go into the initramfs used
for the netboot operation, correct?  From what people are saying,
the boot process is choosing poor options for ip-config; how is that
initramfs's fault?

I must be missing something, because describing something as
"initramfs's fault" sounds like  describing something as "ext2's
fault": it only makes sense if you're talking about a file
operation, which we're very definitely not.

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something