Dual NIC = hang

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Sat Feb 7 00:14:48 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 06, 2009 at 05:59:26PM -0500, Ryan Steele wrote:
> There have been quite a few threads on this, and it seems to be a
> common  sticking point.  The workaround I used involved editing
> the initrd and  editing some of the scripts and arguments to the
> embedded ipconfig  binary which makes the request to the DHCP
> server.  The thread  describing my fix starts here:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-fai@uni-koeln.de/msg01553.html

Given the level of difficulty involved in cracking open an initrd
(not that it's *hard*, just tedious and way more than just altering
a config file or a script) is this going to be rolled into FAI
proper at some point?

-Robin

--
They say:  "The first AIs will be built by the military as weapons."
And I'm thinking:  "Does it even occur to you to try for something