GRUB_PC (simple example): still doesn't work

Adrian von Bidder avbidder at fortytwo.ch
Thu Dec 17 23:00:49 CET 2009

Heyho!

On Thursday 17 December 2009 15.52:09 Waldemar Brodkorb wrote:
> so your FAI server is Debian/squeeze and you try to get
> Debian/sqeeze installed?

Right.

> I think you are confusing the intention for GRUB and GRUB_PC.
> GRUB_PC is for grub2 bootloader.

I don't think I confuse it.  I know what the classes are supposed to mean,
and I seriously can't figure out where things go wrong here.

I didn't change anything related to the bootloader from the "simple" example
included in the fai (Debian) package.  the only thing I did for testing was
to vary the class where my test client is (GRUB/GRUB_PC/LILO.)

As I've said, the 'LILO' class works, and since I'm supposed to roll out
systems soon-ish, that's what I'm using for now.

Can I get you more information so you could suggest something to try?  Any
help appreciated.

cheers
-- vbi

--