How to skip repository upgrade in 'fai-setup -v'

Peter Bittner peter.bittner at thalesgroup.com
Mon Aug 31 16:52:23 CEST 2009

I'm setting up a FAI server on a Linux box without Internet access.

When I execute 'fai-setup -v' the script first finishes installing the
base system ("I: Base system installed successfully. Creating
base.tgz"). Then the script tries to upgrade the new repository
("Upgrading /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir").

As the server is not in the Internet this takes a whole lot of time for
all the timeouts to be completed for each request. Can this be skipped
somehow? There don't seem to be command line parameters for fai-setup to
achieve this. :-(

Thanks for any suggestions,
Cheers, Peter