How to create a basic FAI CD

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Tue Aug 11 15:51:46 CEST 2009

Amine SALHI wrote:
> Hi
> I'm trying to create a FAI cd based on Debian Etch.

oops, why you're trying to install something (and learn how to use FAI
with something) that is so old? There's a new stable debian release
since nearly a year.

> here is an error from the  /tmp/fai/software.log after the installation
> was finished
>
> couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
> "linux-image-486"
>
> the same error from many other packages : grub, memtest86, rsync,
> sysutils, ....

Looks like either your mirror is broken, fai-mirror has some problems or
the mirror from fai-mirror is not brought to the cd properly.

Do you see any things that look problematic when running fai-mirror?

Henning

--
Henning Sprang
http://www.sprang.de