How to create a basic FAI CD

Amine SALHI amine.salhi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 15:42:53 CEST 2009

Hi
I'm trying to create a FAI cd based on Debian Etch.

I followed the steps mentionned in the FAi-Guide,
fai-setup,
fai-mirror,
edited the fai.conf and make-fai-nfsroot.conf, sources.list
make-fai-nfsroot
fai-cd ....

Finally i got an iso cd image, booted it on a virtual machine,
But the installation is finished with ERRORS

I Have a local debian repository at my office, and it is reachable via HTTP
While looking at log files, it seems that the FAI was unable to reach the
local repository

here is an error from the  /tmp/fai/software.log after the installation was
finished

couldn't find any package whose name or description matched
"linux-image-486"

the same error from many other packages : grub, memtest86, rsync, sysutils,

Any help ?