FAI 3.2.20 on Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Tue Aug 11 10:56:59 CEST 2009

Darshaka Pathirana wrote:
> But there is a bug filed about that problem (and it seems to be more
> complicated than it might seem at first):

Yeah, that's what I have in mind, too - and probably what is preventing
me from just "fixing it quickly by the way" - it seems it is more than
just a little afternoon hack to get it done.

> [2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/fai/+bug/338157
>
> So the easiest solution might really be to switch to Debian/Lenny as
> a FAI-Server!

Or, depending on what's your focus what you want to do with FAI, you
could do the minimal base installation and partitioning with
debian-installer, and then use FAI to manage the configuration of the
system, only.

Henning