FAI 3.2.20 on Ubuntu 8.04 (hardy)

Garb Dowle garb.dowle at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:11:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

currently I have FAI 3.2.4+svn4837-0ubuntu2 installed on Ubuntu 8.04 Server.
I managed to set it up so that I can successfully install Ubuntu 8.04
clients with PXE.
Now I need support for LVM, and I think this version of FAI doesn't support
LVM.

I would like to install FAI 3.2.20 on my Ubuntu 8.04 Server, so that I can
use "setup-storage" rather than "setup_harddisks", but I don't know how to
do it.
I tried to download and install the deb-packages for this version, but I got
a list of dependency errors, that I can't resolve (can't install package
"syslinux-common").

So how can I use setup-storage with LVM support in Ubuntu 8.04?

Thanks
Garb