Etch amd64 mirror broken? - Packages.gz was corrupt

Fortier,Vincent [Montreal] Vincent.Fortier1 at EC.GC.CA
Thu Apr 30 15:22:15 CEST 2009

OK, tried something else and got some pretty interesting results... Although it does not solve my problem:

I've installed debootstrap from lenny and reinvoked fai-setup -vvv and this time I did'nt got any signs of errors against Pacakges.gz.

Although due to incompatibilities between lenny vs etch it failed to finish (I actually did'nt tought it would go that far...):
install_packages: executing chroot /data/fai/nfsroot/QC/amd64/live/filesystem.dir apt-get clean
Can't call method "exists" on an undefined value at /usr/sbin/install_packages line 416, <FILE> line 38.
install_packages exit code: 2

Curiously enough I reinstalled debootstrap from etch and reinvoked fai-setup -vvv and this time magic occured since it was capable of validating the Package.gz and it seemed like working well until this:

I: Base system installed successfully.
ERROR: debootstrap did not complete successfully.
This is mostly caused by a broken mirror.
Please check your mirror or use an official mirror.
No diversion `any diversion of /sbin/discover-modprobe', none removed
Log file written to /var/log/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.log
Could not find the type of your nfs server. Maybe
no nfs server is installed. I can't restart it.
FAI setup finished.
Log file written to /var/log/fai/fai-setup.log

I'm getting that error wether I use my local debian mirror repository or the official debian.org...

So still I'm getting at the same guess: Could the official debian repository for etch amd64 be incompatible with etch debmirror since a few weeks?

Again help appreciated!

- vin