Etch amd64 mirror broken? - Packages.gz was corrupt

Fortier,Vincent [Montreal] Vincent.Fortier1 at EC.GC.CA
Thu Apr 30 13:51:37 CEST 2009

Nope... and that is why I'm really really wondering what might be causing this???  It does the same error either directly on debian.org or on my internal debmirror ONLY on amd64 etch ???  And that is totally new since perhaps 2-3 week?

I'm probably mistaking but it makes me wonder if there could be a real corruption of the "Pacakges" files for amd64 etch on the official debian repository???  Or curiously enough, a "new" bug in the debootstrap that suddently appeared 2-3 weeks ago?

What's wierd is that it never stopped working on i386 but suddently got marked as "corrupted" by debootstrap only for amd64 ?

Wierd guess: official etch amd64 repository broken?

- vin