Automating setup of disk_config files

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Mon Sep 22 16:22:54 CEST 2008

    >> system, should it generate random disk configs, or do you mean to
    >> create a disk_config from an existing, running system?
    >>

    > Exactly, the last option above.
IMO this makes no sense. If you generate a disk_config file from an
existing partitioning scheme, this will not be that flexible as if you
write it manually. For e.g. if you have to change your disk, and the
new disk is smaller, than the generated partitioning scheme will
not fit to the new disk.

I guess you should think again about "Plan your installation and FAI
installs your plan". This is what is missing in your setup.

I hope that the next step is not that you like to generate the
package_config files from an existing installation. This will also not
fit into the FAI method of "plan our installation".