Installclient hangs after kernel boot

Henning Sprang henning at sprang.de
Thu Oct 16 12:33:04 CEST 2008

Thomas Lange wrote:

>     > i defined before. But before the client can mount the nfsroot it hangs.
>     > The last thats showing up on the monitor is:
> So, you also cannot see any mount request on the install server?

Exactly - as written - one can watch in the syslog (after adding -vvvvvv
to the tftp options) the kernel and initrd being requested and
delivered, than (I guess from the dhcp code in the initrd), again dhcp
info is requested and sent back, and that is the last thing that happens
- in install-/dhcp-server's syslog as well in tcpdump.
The machine has multiple ethernet cards, but we turned all but one off
in the BIOS - seemingly successful, because of Kernel output about eth1
vanished after that, but the problem still is the same.

I've been there with Daniel working on this and am also totally out of
ideas what we could be missing.

I recommended as next thing to check with a different install client,
and then with a different install server, doing the whole setup again -
in lack of any further ideas...

Henning

--
Henning Sprang