FAI 3.2.10 - Etch.

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 15 17:16:10 CEST 2008

    > Got it!  Actually it was more obvious than expected.  It's mainly du to the /etc/lvm/lvm.conf file.

    > My exports are set to read-only mode therefore it is impossible to to write from the client on the NFS share provided by the server... Hence, LVM cannot create it's cache and lock files.  Changing theses on my nfsroot fixed it:

The install client mount the nfsroot read-only, but FAI adds a
unionfs since 3.2 (or aufs since 3.2.9) on top of it. So, the whole
nfsroot is writeable for each client and this problem should not
occur. Maybe you are using an older FAI version, that used some
loopback mounted ramdisks for making some subdirectories writable.