fai for ubuntu intrepid 8.10 clients?

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Tue Nov 25 19:57:29 CET 2008

Hi list,

    This is my first message. I am trying to setup FAI so that it serves
Ubuntu 8.10 as the client system.
    I've already checked in launchpad that ubuntu's intrepid's fai package
has been updated to gutsy. But hardy ?

    Here there are some of the things that I have done so far:

- Added 192.168.1.5 demohost line to /etc/hosts line.
- Setup /etc/fai/apt/sources.list to intrepid
- Setup /etc/default/tftpd-hpa to my config.
- Idem with /etc/dhpc3/dhcp.conf
- Modified:
    FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="intrepid
file:/home/ubuntu_mirrors/us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu"

and:

FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=dhcp-client,info
--include=aptitude,fontconfig,defoma,belocs-locales-bin"

in /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf.

First line is obvious.

The second line tried to fix a bug about aptitute command not being found
(now it is found) and the fontconfig,deforma,belocs-locales-bin tried to
fix some lack of packages on the client (I think so) because of some error
that I have.

- Modified NFSROOT so that: console-tools and sysvinit are not installed
and upstart is installed. (I thought that it was the origin of the client
problems but I am not sure any more.)

- Followed the quick-start guide (copied the examples and so on)

Once fai-setup -v is finished I try to boot the client.

* It fetches ok kernel and initrd. I think it mounts the nfs ok.

However I am not very about itbecause it often outputs:

mount: error while loading share libraries: libsepol.so.1

I have checked the NFSROOT interpretation by make-fai-nfsroot and libsepol
seems to be installed ok so I do not understand why that happens.

* It outputs wc not found but coreutils seems to be installed. Is there
any place where might I check the PATH?

* It outputs grep: error while loading libpcre.so.3. What's the associate
package for that?

* It outputs complaints about perl because of en_US.UTF_8 locale not being
correctly installed. How do I fix it? (It is very annoying).

And finally (not related to the client boot) I have also seen that when
parsing NFSROOT file is not finding any ext2resize package.

Is it a problem? How do I solve it?

Thank you very much for all the help you can provide. I am here for
providing any information that you request me.

Adrian

--
Firma Automática 1: