Which class gets applied first?

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Nov 25 19:18:50 CET 2008

(Seems I was wrong. Well you learn something new every day. =) )

Ryan Steele schrieb:
> package_config/CLASS2:
>
> PACKAGES aptitude INSTALL_FIRST
> locales
> belocs-locales-bin
> util-linux-locales
>
> PACKAGES aptitude
> package-that-depends-on-locales-being-set
> otherpackages-that-depends-on-locales-being-set
>

> I could then specify that CLASS2 be installed before CLASS1, and my
> package list would get passed to aptitude as:
>
> locales
> belocs-locales-bin
> util-linux-locales
> foo
> bar
> package-that-depends-on-locales-being-set
> otherpackages-that-depends-on-locales-being-set
> baz
> quux

Did you encounter a problem with the default behaviour? It looks like
it, else you probably wouldn't feel the need to ask about this. Up until
now I had the fortune of aptitude figuring out dependencies on it's on.
Which means that either I didn't watch my installations closely enough
and missed out on something, or something is broken on your end.

Is there a specific distribution or package you are encountering
problems with?

tschüß
thomas