Problem during booting of install kernel

Nikola Knežević laladelausanne at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 11:08:46 CET 2008

On 20 Nov 2008, at 19:45 , Thomas Neumann wrote:
>> I will investigate this more, and let you know what is happening...
>
> Is the faiclient equipped with 2 network interfaces? I had something
> similar before. If this is the case, then make sure you use the
> primary
> interface for dhcp _and_ nfs.

Yes, the machine has two network interfaces. Primary has the mac
address :92, while the secondary has :94. I hooked up only the
primary, and its mac address is used for dhcp.

Today I had a look at the output of the machine, and I realized that
ipconfig is trying to bind eth0 on :94!
To make things even worse, VM running fai-server has some problems
running on VMWare server, so I can't do more testing :(

Cheers,
Nikola