task_extrbase / debootstrap broken

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Wed Nov 12 02:10:12 CET 2008

hiya

The following subroutine is broken. (At least in Debian Lenny.)

task_extrbase() {

    local fs=$FAI_ROOT/etc/fstab
    local basefile=/var/tmp/base.tgz

    echo "Unpacking Debian base archive"
    # copy the base file class based if it exists
    [ -d $FAI/basefiles ] && ftar -1v -s $FAI/basefiles /
    if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
        [ $do_init_tasks -eq 0 ] &&
basefile=$NFSROOT/live/filesystem.dir/var/tmp/base.tgz
        if [ -f $basefile ]; then
            # extract the tar file which was the result of debootstrap
            echo "Extracting $basefile"
            gzip -dc $basefile | tar -C $FAI_ROOT -xpf -
        else
            echo "No base.tgz found. Calling debootstrap."
            [ -z "$FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP" ] && die "$FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP
undefined. Aborting"
            call_debootstrap $FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP
            task_error 801 $?
        fi
    fi

debootstrap completes with the following message:
"I: Base system installed successfully."

but the return value is 141 not 0. task_error trips on this.

I'm not sure who is to blame. Couldn't find any description what
returncode 141 is supposed to mean so far.

tschüß
thomas