read-only filesystem in FAI 3.2.5

Tobias Unsleber Tobias.Unsleber at gmx.de
Fri May 16 13:24:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

Ähemm sorry for writing in german. Here's the english version:

In version "fai FAI 3.2.5, 5 May 2008" the following error occurs:

After Setup of the FAI-System and booting via PXE there are many errors from executed commands:

"Read-only filesystem"

The error seemes to be caused by a read-only remount in /usr/sbin/fai in chroot-environment line 114.

> 113 # add other options for nfs mount of /dev/root to root-path in
> dhcpd.conf
> 114 mount -o remount,noatime,ro /dev/root /

If I append this command, everything works fine:

> mount -o remount,noatime,rw /dev/root /

The comment in line 113 didn't help me, neither did the doc-file in the Kernelsource directory Documentation/nfsroot.txt.

Regards,
Tobias Unsleber
--
249 Spiele für nur 1 Preis. Die GMX Spieleflatrate schon ab 9,90 Euro.
Neu: Asterix bei den Olympischen Spielen: http://flat.games.gmx.de