FAI on Debian Lenny failing

Bjorn Meyer bjorn.m.meyer at gmail.com
Tue May 13 02:02:48 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone might have some ideas. The default install that was
done of FAI failed to use the 2.6.24-1-486 kernel and modules very well. I
ended up with unionfs errors. I did some digging and found that others were
having a similar problem and that there is an issue with the unionfs modules
that are installed by default. I therefore tried to downgrade to the
2.6.22-3-486 kernel which seems to have gotten me further. I still get
unionfs errors, however they are further along. Here is one of the errors
that come up "mount: Mounting unionfs on /root failed: no such device".

I appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.
Bjorn