fai-cd: Is there a cache ?

Thomas Lange lange at informatik.uni-koeln.de
Wed May 7 14:20:28 CEST 2008

    > I have put some files in config/files/ directory in order to install
    > them during CD installation.

    > ex:

    > /config/files/home/mydir/file.tar.gz/DEFAULT
    > /config/files/home/mydir/file2.tar.gz/DEFAULT

    > sometimes i need to make updates of this files
    > i replace them in the same folder /config/files/home/mydir/file2.tar.gz

    > in each time i update files, i launch
    > fai-cd -m /home/mirror -f -v /home/myiso.iso

    > but i don't understand why after installing the system, files updates
    > inside  config/files directories are not updated.
    > Is there a cache created ?
No, there's no cache. The config space which will be put on the CD it
taken from FAI_CONFIGDIR. Which version of fai-cd re you using? Did
you specify -C? There was a bug closed recently which may be related
to your problem. bug nr.: #475250

If not, please proved some output of your fai-cd run. You should see a
message like this in it:

Config space /etc/fai mounted