magic_storage. TEST and return of experience.

william Famy william.famy at laposte.net
Thu Mar 27 14:47:42 CET 2008

Hi.

I have tested magic_storage on IDE, SATA, SCSI,Disk. almost 30 different
disks.

I Found 2 disks where it was impossible to create any partition. (Disk
pb, old one?)

I have tested RAid / lvm creation under each disk and lvm under (raid)
/dev/mdx device. No pb. I do not test lvm /

I test RAID / no pb.

I found a pb with Raid option. i haven't found how to use spare disks
under raid array. I test the :spare:missing option, :spare I try
multiple solution but it doesn't seem to work.

Last test under a 5 SCSI raid 4 disk array with a spare.
the command is to create a 5 devices array instead of a 4 devices with a
spare.

I looks to first use the "spare" array and then adding the other one
(result with cat /proc/mdstat when an other array is building to slow
construction)

I hope this test will help developement.

I am interesting to use the crypto setup (LURKS) I am ready to test any
solution tha can do it.

I do not understand perl script.