fai-cd makes too big iso

rvenne rvenne at free.fr
Sat Jun 7 00:23:57 CEST 2008

Hi list.

I've fai-server 3.2.7, and I'm unable to make bootable cd iso image with
fai-cd command.

in fact, I did it with

fai-cd -m /tmp/emptydir myiso.iso

until an automtic update gets a new version of fai-server.

The NFSROOT structure has been changed, and I was forced to copy
stage2_eltorito into the NFSROOT myself....

here's the command output:

fai-cd -m /files/scratch/debmirror -f fai.iso
Bind mounting all required parts
NFSROOT /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir mounted
Config space /srv/fai/config mounted
Mirror /files/scratch/debmirror mounted
find:
/files/scratch/debmirror/dists//files/scratch/debmirror/debian-security/.temp/dists/etch:
Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
find:
/files/scratch/debmirror/dists//files/scratch/debmirror/.temp/dists:
Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
Writing FAI CD-ROM image to fai.iso. This may need some time.
re-directing all messages to log

I've changed the file to see the logs output. they were re-directied to
/dev/null by default. and my fai.iso grows up to some Go !

I'm pretty sure that it's making an iso image of the whole system. and
fai-cd doesn't accept
empty mirror directory any longer.

/etc/fai/fai.conf
FAI_DEBMIRROR=fai:/files/scratch/debmirror
LOGUSER=
FAI_LOGPROTO=ssh
FAI_CONFIGDIR=/srv/fai/config
FAI_CONFIG_SRC=file://$FAI_CONFIGDIR
MNTPOINT=/media/mirror
FAI=/var/lib/fai/config #(this one is empy)

 /etc/fai/make-fai-nfsroot.conf:
NFSROOT=/srv/fai/nfsroot
NFSROOT_ETC_HOSTS="192.168.0.10 fai"
TFTPROOT="/files/scratch/debmirror"  #I was forced to fixe this one. I
haven't any tftp server
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP="etch http://ftp.free.fr/debian"
FAI_ROOTPW='$1$kBnWcO.E$djxB128U7dMkrltJHPf6d1'
FAICLIENTS="192.168.0.0/24"
FAI_DEBOOTSTRAP_OPTS="--exclude=dhcp-client,info"
NFSROOT_ETC_HOSTS=192.168.0.10

/srv/fai/nfsroot makes about 350Mo
please help
regards