config questions

Bjorn Meyer bjorn.m.meyer at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:30:15 CEST 2008

Aside from what is in the log files, this is what is output to the
console from: fai-setup -v >fai-log.log

fai.log is the file that is generated and placed in the nfsroot.

The 2 log files that I want to attach, puts the message over the 15K
limit. So I'm unable to post them here. I could send them to you
directly instead.

Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
/sys/class/net/ is not available, persistent interface names not saved.
ls: cannot access /boot/vmlinuz-*: No such file or directory
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list: sysutils
install_packages: read config file /etc/fai/NFSROOT
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get clean
WARNING: These unknown packages are removed from the installation list: sysutils
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get -y -o
Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" -o Dpkg::Options::="--force-confold"
--fix-missing install fai-nfsroot module-init-tools dhcp3-client ssh
rdate lshw hwinfo portmap bootpc rsync lftp rsh-client less dump
reiserfsprogs usbutils psmisc pciutils hdparm smartmontools parted
mdadm lvm2 dnsutils ntpdate dosfstools cvs jove xfsprogs xfsdump
dialog discover mdetect console-tools console-common expect iproute
udev subversion grub lilo read-edid
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Can not write log, openpty() failed (/dev/pts not mounted?)
Looking for keymap to install:
NONE
Looking for keymap to install:
NONE
Adding system-user for exim (v4)
Updating certificates in /etc/ssl/certs....done.
Running hooks in /etc/ca-certificates/update.d....done.
W: mdadm: failed to load MD subsystem.
Generating array device nodes... /var/lib/dpkg/info/mdadm.postinst:
line 29: /dev/MAKEDEV: No such file or directory
failed.
Generating mdadm.conf... done (failed to scan arrays; /proc probably
not mounted).
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Creating SSH2 RSA key; this may take some time ...
Creating SSH2 DSA key; this may take some time ...
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get clean
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot dpkg
--configure --pending
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot dpkg -C
install_packages: executing chroot /data/srv/fai/nfsroot apt-get clean
rm: cannot remove `dev/MAKEDEV': No such file or directory