Need simulate apt-get with backports

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Sun Jun 1 19:24:05 CEST 2008

> Dear
>
> I need to use this commands when installing the system
>
> apt-get install debian-backports-keyring
> apt-get -t etch-backports install postfix
>
> how to simulate it in /fai/config/package_config file ?*

While others have already added some more points on this one, I'm doing it as
follows (which is fully supported by FAI, no hacks involved):

Add

deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free

to your sources.list (well, most probably you've already got it in there), and
add

PACKAGES aptitude
postfix/etch-backports

to an appropriate package_config/* file. Actually aptitude need only be used
because install_packages would actually discard that entry if used with PACKAGES
install as "postfix/etch-backports" is not a valid package name, which should
probably be fixed in install_packages, but that's a different story...

Best,