executing custom bash script

Thomas Neumann blacky+fai at fluffbunny.de
Tue Jul 15 19:40:18 CEST 2008

hiya

venne schrieb:
> I'd like to execute the script at the beging of FAI process.(to make
> choice about PKI, IP and user's informations) is it possible?

A colleague of mine wrote a perl script which retrieves the hostname, the
server's domainname and it's service from a database and this script works
really well. It doesn't involve an interactive response, maybe that's why
your script is stalling.

(Yes, I'm aware that hostname and domainname could easily be provided by
dns and dhcp, but we deliberately decided against it. This way we can
install a server even if dns isn't properly configured yet.)

tschüß
thomas