Trouble with a Bladecenter

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 13:06:53 CET 2008

On 25 Jan 2008, at 10:17 am, Philipp Grau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> this post is more a braindump to get my head clear than a real
> question, but
> if you have any suggestions you are more than welcome.
>
> Ok, this is the starting point: HP Bladecenter BL c-Class with
> BL460c G1
> blades. So far so good. We have a new FAI setup with version 3.2.4.
> The FAI
> server is a seperate maschine.

We have a very similar setup, although we're using FAI 3.1.8, not 3.2.4

> PXE booting work fine, but when the blade should mount the nfsroot
> it simply
> hangs. I tried several stock Debian kernels.

Hmm - I don't think we had any such problems as that.  We have about
250 BL460c blades successfully FAI-installed.

> - Is there a way to get more verbose output from the kernel what he is
>  trying to mount?

I take it the messages you're reporting are what you're seeing on the
console via the OA?

> - Are there other ways to debug the problem?

tcpdump on the NFS server, to see if you see the mount request at all?

Tim