FAI with LVM

James james at nttmcl.com
Mon Jan 21 19:41:35 CET 2008

> oh also here's my disk_config layout:
>
> # Simple LVM example
> disk_config sda  bootable:1
> primary /boot 500 ext3 defaults
> primary -       4096-   -       -
>
> disk_config lvm
> vg lvmtest        sda2
> lvmtest-swap     swap    1048    swap    sw
> lvmtest-root     /       1048    xfs    defaults
> lvmtest-var      /var    2048    xfs    defaults

Oh also on top of the error i pass the entire installation and get the
following as well.
I boot into the new installation and it searches for ROOT filesystem but
fails.

Error =

            Check root=bootarg cat /proc/cmdline
            or missing modules, devices: cat /proc/modules ls /dev
ALERT! /dev/mapper/lvmtest-root does not exist. dropping to shell!