FAI with LVM

James james at nttmcl.com
Mon Jan 21 19:23:42 CET 2008

Christoph Kluenter wrote:
> On Monday 14 January 2008 21:58:31 James wrote:
>
>> Hi Will,
>>
>> I'm not in any hurry but the config files would be nice anyway if it's
>> not inconvenient.
>> I'm still playing with the whole thing in general so it'd be nice to see
>> a working config.
>>
> The wiki-Page describes everything. And I have put a working config for LVM
> there.
>
> Regards,
>      Christoph
>

>> Thanks
>> -James

I'm having a problem when trying to setup LVM
i get and error saying this doesn't exist :  *disk*_*var*.*sh

i setup everything according to the instructions.

partition.LVMTEST.source =

#!/bin/sh
#clean drives, BAD BAD HAX wipe the drive before lvm is loaded.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda2 bs=1k count=1
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda1 bs=1k count=1
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda bs=1k count=1
hdparm -z /dev/sda

# load the device mapper module for LVM support
modprobe dm_mod

#debug=1 /srv/fai/config/store/setup-storage
debug=1 /var/lib/fai/config/store/setup-storage -X

# skip the original parititioning
. $LOGDIR/disk_var.sh
skiptask partition

50-host-classes=

#! /bin/bash

# assign classes hosts

# use a list of classes for our demo machine
case $HOSTNAME in
    LVM)
        echo "FAIBASE LVMTEST" ;;
    *)
        echo "FAIBASE DHCPC" ;;
esac

(ifclass I386 || ifclass AMD64) && echo GRUB
exit 0

any ideas?

TIA
-james