grml live CD is using FAI for build process

Henning Sprang henning_sprang at gmx.de
Tue Feb 26 19:33:29 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-26 at 19:20 +0100, Thomas Lange wrote:
> the new version of grml (1.1) is now using FAI for their new
> build-framework. Using FAI's action "dirinstall" and their own FAI
> classes, they can now build the grml ISO images fully automatically.
> grml is a bootable CD (Live-CD) based on Debian and includes a
> collection of GNU/Linux software especially for system administrators
> and users of texttools.

Great!

Another important note is, that the grml-live tool
http://grml.org/grml-live/  can be downloaded from grml apt
repositories, and installed on other deb distributions as well!
I didn't yet test it too much, but it should basically be possible to
use your existing fai configs to build live CD's from it - so, with one
configspace, you can build real hardware systems, install cd's with all
packages on them, live cd's, and virtual machine (e.g. Xen) images.

Henning

(what about uploading grml-live to debian?!)