tg3 network cards

Ryan Steele ryans at aweber.com
Thu Dec 4 15:39:24 CET 2008

Ryan Steele wrote:

> It may be that a bug needs to be filed against the klibc-utils
> package; a binary that hangs after trying one interface is a horrible
> implementation - it cripples PXE functionality.
I should probably clarify here - obviously Broadcom takes most of the
blame, as this doesn't happen with nicer Intel NICs.  But I think
ipconfig should time out after a certain period of time and restart
networking (or maybe moprobe -r and then modprobe the module again)
which restores connectivity, and try again on another interface.  In
either case, completely destroying the network stack and doing nothing
about it is unacceptable.

Respectfully,
Ryan