ubuntu 8.10 on client side - First boot - Some doubts

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Dec 1 17:12:45 CET 2008

As I have already told I have managed to somewhat make an ubuntu 8.10 to
serve
thanks to fai another ubuntu 8.10 to a client. I do not know if the
installation
was successful or not.

I have done fai-chboot -o demohost and booted it.

Now I was trying to mount my ubuntumirror.
The nfs line seemed to be commented on fstab:

192.168.1.14:/srv/ubuntumirror /media/mirror nfs ro 0 0

If I uncomment it and run mount -a I get after a delay:

mount.nfs: internal error

Well, I have done more tests and in the first boot I have
problems with /var/lock and /var/run mounts.

However whenever I reboot by second time then the problems disappear. The
network is setup ok and nfs mount works ok.
(Although I have to manually uncomment nfs mount).

*     What do you recommend for accesing the repository from client...

NFS and access with file:/
or
just and http server in the server?

--