ubuntu 8.10 on client side - About /root/lib not being found

Adrian Gibanel Lopez agibanel at alumnes.udl.cat
Mon Dec 1 17:10:39 CET 2008

This is a quick thought because I have just found this.
In live-initramfs (which generates initrd) there is:
scripts/live file which defines PATH to begin with /root/bin (and alike) path
and to finish with /bin (and alike) path.

After this line it adds: /root/lib and /root/usr/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf.
I suppose that this line avoids the problems using /root programs
(because they are dinamically linked) but somehow later in the different
scripts that are run this file gets corrupted or another ENVIRONMENT
VARIABLE that overrides this config is set.

I will have to investigate it.

Now I think that using -o move instead of --move in live-initramfs is a
BUG from live-initramfs package.

Thank you for your help.

--
Firma Automática 1: