Trouble getting desired packages to install

Michael Tautschnig mt at debian.org
Fri Aug 22 13:31:21 CEST 2008

[...]
> My only remaining problem is that packages I wanted to install in
> addition to the usual Debian stuff didn't seem to make it onto the FAI
> ISO.  Let me try to outline what I did, and hopefully, it will be
> obvious to you what I did wrong.

At least so it seems ...

[...]
> Then, after making a directory for the partial mirror (/faimirror), I
> ran '/usr/bin/fai-mirror -v -cDEFAULT /faimirror'.

[...]
> Here are the contents of /srv/fai/config/package_config/DEFAULT:
> PACKAGES aptitude I386
> memtest86+
[...]

Ok, here we go: -cDEFAULT sets DEFAULT as the (only) defined class, but your
package_config/DEFAULT has aptitude I386, which means that these packages will
only get installed if DEFAULT _and_ I386 are defined. So either drop the "I386"
from your package_config/DEFAULT, or just say

fai-mirror -v -cDEFAULT,I386 /faimirror

and everything should be fine.

Best,