FAI install over serial console, manual interventions?

Steffen Grunewald steffen.grunewald at aei.mpg.de
Mon Apr 21 12:46:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

we've run into the problem that there's only a Serial-over-LAN console
available (BMC card, with IP address pre-set or assigned via DHCP), and
there might be no sshd running yet, or the network is misconfigured in
such a way that ssh connections aren't possible.
Is there a reliable way to interrupt FAI's operation and open a shell?
Last time I tried ^C, I directly went into rebooting :(

Cheers,
 Steffen

--
Steffen Grunewald * MPI Grav.Phys.(AEI) * Am Mühlenberg 1, D-14476 Potsdam
Cluster Admin * http://pandora.aei.mpg.de/merlin/ * http://www.aei.mpg.de/