setup-storage and grub issue

Christopher Huhn C.Huhn at gsi.de
Thu Apr 10 11:29:03 CEST 2008

Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Hmm, ok, this is not as straightforward as I hoped. I need to look
> into this
> more thoroughly, but this will take some time.
>
> Until then I suggest you modify the GRUB/* scripts such as to work without the
> BOOT_DEVICE/BOOT_PARTITION information, which I guess will be quite a quick fix.

OK, but setting BOOT_DEVICE to the first disk device if /boot is on a
RAID1 and NOMBR is not set will at least install a bootable system.

Booting from the 2nd harddrive in case of failure turns out quite
tricky, I'll keep you informed if you're interessted.

Regards,
    Christopher

--
Christopher Huhn
Linux therapist

Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschäftsführer: Professor Dr. Horst Stöcker

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph,
Stellvertreter: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Rolf Bernhardt