fai-cd-3.2 make-fai-nfsroot and others...

Bernhard Glomm B.Glomm at gmx.de
Fri Sep 28 16:14:49 CEST 2007

Hello,

after having been off this topic for a while I would like to use the fai system again.

So I tried fai-cd-3.2

The installation of the faiserver went fine but on the first reboot
something screwed up the apache I guess...

the nfsroot is build up to:

Creating base.tgz
Upgrading /srv/fai/nfsroot/live/filesystem.dir
Ign http://faiserver etch Release.gpg
Err http://faiserver etch Release.gpg
 Bad header line
Err http://faiserver etch/updates Release.gpg
 Bad header line
Hit http://faiserver etch Release
Ign http://faiserver etch Release
Ign http://faiserver etch/updates Release
Ign http://faiserver etch/main Packages/DiffIndex
Err http://faiserver etch/main Packages

and after hanging there for some time I get a
"Connection failed"

After a while then I get the login
and an "apt-get update" shows the same (similar)

Ign http:://faiserver etch Release.gpg
12% [Waiting for headers]
Err http:://faiserver etch Release.gpg
  Connection failed
Err http:://faiserver etch/updates Release.gpg
  Bad header line

- There is no (other) dhcp server runnin in my network
- I can ping faiserver from himself (/etc/hosts seems to be ok)
- apache is running. If I add a (virtual) address for my network
  it show me the "It works!" default

I haven't found anything in the mailinglist about that,
does anyone knows what's wrong?

regards
Bernhard