Problems to boot the FAI client

Steffen Bornemann steffen.bornemann at htw-aalen.de
Tue Sep 25 18:44:37 CEST 2007

Hi User,

after upgrade FAI version to 3.2.1 I can't boot the clients.
The following error messages comes:

Root-NFS: Server returned error -13 while mounting /usr/lib/fai
VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy
VFS: Cannot open root device "nfs" or unknown-block(2,0)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(2,0)

When I upgraded FAI, I do obtain my old config files and do not use the
new 'distributed' config files. Could it be, that I forgot an adjustment
for the new FAI version?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Steffen