error while running fai-setup for ubuntu-edgy

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Wed Sep 19 13:06:08 CEST 2007

"Muniven Shekar-PTH473" <Shekar.Muniven at motorola.com> writes:

> Does that mean live-initramfs that is available at "deb
> http://www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai/download etch koeln" doesn't work
> with edgy?

Well, in general, it is not a good idea to mix package archives
containing both packages for debian and packages for ubuntu. In general,
I'd expect that archive to work with ubuntu, since both fai and
live-initramfs are arch:all packages. However, since the koeln archive
also contains arch:any packges like the uclibc and mkinitrd-cd package,
I'm not sure that this won't confuse apt with building its dependency
tree. I therefore suggest to use debian-only and ubuntu-only
apt-archives.

The repository at http://ppa.launchpad.net/fai/ubuntu is intended to be
a replacement for the uni-koeln archive for debian/etch. Thomas of
course only tests with debian, so installations with ubuntu may or may
not work with his archive.

btw, I just uploaded live-initramfs to that ppa. The binary packages are
currently being built and should appear in a few minutes in that
repository.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4