error while running make-fai-nfsroot

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Tue Sep 11 14:40:39 CEST 2007

> Hi,
>
> I am getting following error when I ran make-fai-nfsroot -v. Are there
> any files I need to change under /etc/fai ?

[...]

The problem is that you've probably got PACKAGES install lines in your config
space. To cope with them, FAI requires the libapt-pkg-perl package. You either
need to change your configs to use PACKAGES aptitude instead of PACKAGES
install, or hack make-fai-nfsroot to install libapt-pkg-perl into the NFSROOT
before calling install_packages.

This problem will be fixed in the next upload of FAI.

HTH,