dpkg-divert: cannot open diversions: No such file or directory

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Sun Oct 28 19:18:59 CET 2007

 > Is your /srv/fai on a partition which is mounted with
 > noexec or nosuid?

Even though this is not the case, it was some kind of useful hint.

I tried this on a physical box rather than a vserver, and it worked. So
it looks like there is some operation involved which fails on a vserver.
The question would be: Which one.

Given the stuff at

http://faiwiki.informatik.uni-koeln.de/index.php/Using_FAI_to_set_up_VServers

where Brian suggests to set up the FAI server in a vserver, I thought
that would not be a problem.

Do you have any idea which operation might fail, so I could see if there
is a way to make it work?

Regards,
Torsten