Using FAI to install a "root Server"

Holger Levsen debian at layer-acht.org
Fri May 11 18:48:38 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Friday 11 May 2007 18:17, Thomas Lange wrote:
>     > system and then use FAI softupdates to configure the machine and keep
>     > it up to date.
> Holger, this is the FAI mailing list. We do not want to install
> manually :-)

Thomas, I seriously think you're wasting FAIs potential if you insist on
doing "fully automatic installations only"  with FAI.

To me FAI means "Fine automated infrastructure".

And sometimes doing manually installations and just doing the rest (which is
usually more than 95% of the work) with FAI is much more sensible than
insisting on fully automatic installations.

regards,
	Holger