What does prepareapt do?

Michael Tautschnig tautschn at model.in.tum.de
Thu Jun 21 08:56:14 CEST 2007

[...]
> Just when I use my hook to have these two extra files in /etc/apt the
> installation will go through but I am unable to boot the install client
> afterwards. So something is messed up by that extra apt config which worked
> fine when applied manually.

"Something" is usually hard to debug remotely. Please take a look at all the log
files of the installation, there you will most probably find out what caused all
this trouble. If you don't, feel free to send them (but via personal mail,
please).

[...]
> Where can I find the tasks in the nfsroot?

[...]

Tasks are only functions defined in the /usr/lib/fai/subroutines* files.

HTH,